Tuesday 25 August 2009

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I feel as though this will be my very last blog post from "the arctic" ... Yes, the time has come for me to finally leave Svalbard.


I have really left my flight til the very last possible minute, as shortly afterwards I'll be on the train back to Edinburgh for my final year of study.

When my semester was over in June, I went on a quick holiday and then returned up here. I had one small job lined up and that was it ... but I've been here ever since! My last job has been doing some lab work at UNIS as well as guiding tourists up the local mountains. It's all been really fun, and I was surprised at how easy it was to find a job up here.

As you can probably guess, I really really really do not want to go back. I really cannot believe this year is over.

If I could do it all over again. And so I will. Next summer I'll be back on Svalbard for sure - don't know what for yet, but I will.

If ever I update my blog in the future, I hope to add some more photos and maybe give a few more details as to how it's been living up here for a year ... but right now I must hurry as my plane will leave very soon!

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 12:14

0 comments:

Search