Tuesday 26 August 2008

1 month so far ...

I have been here exactly one month now. Can't believe how quickly it's gone (let's hope it doesn't go too fast!)

The other day marked the end of the midnight sun :( It will soon get dark very quickly. That said, there will be a period of continual sunset and then a period of twilight.

Poor Svalbard has the shortest summer ever. In Biology they want us to appreciate how abundant life is during the summer - and now it will all go away. I don't think I will even be able to go on many excursions during the night.

Yesterday I went swimming in the local pool. It was so much fun, and I swear the pool is bigger than the one next to my house in Edinburgh. There weren't many people which was cool (I doubt it gets any busier) and above all, it has a sauna!

I am going home tomorrow for a few days which will be nice. I can't wait to eat proper food and lots of it! I also hope to fill my bag up with goodies.

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 11:14

0 comments:

Search