Sunday 14 September 2008

crazy

On Friday I set off to climb one more of the remaining two peaks, as part of the 10 peak challenge I was talking about. My aim was to climb Adventoppen - but in order to get there you must first cross several streams and small rivers. The other way of course is by crossing the fjord by kayak.

So I went by foot, and the stream water was quite deep so I put on my rubber boots. But then it got even deeper so I just took them off. The water was freezing - like a million needles in your feet. I walked a little further in the water and then suddenly sunk to my waist. When I say waist, I properly mean it! My phone and camera got wet and I don't think my camera works anymore :( . And so long story cut short, I had to turn back. But then I just took my bike and continued riding down the valley and managed to climb a different peak (still part of the competition) instead. So now I only have one left !

Getting very cold feet

This is what a wet camera gives ...

Going up Mine 6

Today there was the option to go play kayak polo again, which was followed by underwater rugby. Now normal people would only volunteer on one activity, but for some reason I chose both. I was in the water for nearly 4 hours. The kayak polo went ok, I mean I'm rubbish, but it was still quite fun. Then came the underwater rugby and oh my god - this must be the most difficult sport I have ever tried. You basically need to put a heavy ball into a net that is 3m deep. And the ball needs to stay submerged. I couldn't believe how agressive everybody was - people coming from every single direction trying to steal the ball from you. And you must hold your breathe for ages while doing strenuous activity.

Overall I'm feeling a bit tired as these past few days have been non stop.

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 23:33

0 comments:

Search