Saturday 12 June 2010

hat-trick of my life !

Wow what a week it’s been....

Last Saturday I got the news that I had been accepted onto the guiding course (mentioned on post below). Of course I was ecstatic about it, but in a sense I didn’t feel I could celebrate because I had a few obstacles in my way, notably the fact that I didn’t have a driving license.

You see, going back to Svalbard without a driving license is a bit annoying - more so when you are on a guiding course. This means you are not allowed to drive snow mobiles for going out on excursions. But this morning, I retook my driving test for the third time (after a two year hiatus) and passed. I had been such a nervous wreck this past week, but to me this was the most important exam ever and now I feel incredibly overjoyed to have passed.

Throw into the mix that I have also just passed all my university exams (which was a requirement to be fully accepted onto the guiding course) means I can now breathe… at least for a short while as I start a summer job this coming Monday.

The next thing I must worry about is how to get my endless hoard of kit and junk up to Svalbard by August …

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 20:44

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there can you tell me hiw difficult its to get admission in ang course and what are criteria of selection

yann said...

send me email sunjuice at gmail and i get back to you about ang

Search