Tuesday 3 August 2010

Just over a week now ...

Here I am typing my latest blog entry from a hot, sweaty and crammed London tube on my way back home from work. I leave in just over a week - but haven't had much time to think about what the next year will be like.

I will voluntarily be trading the comfort of city life to once again live on one of the world's most far flung islands. Sometimes I wonder why I'm going back ... After all city life brings many perks. And having been back to civilisation for the past year, you somehow get used to it...

The last time I went to Svalbard was for only a set time (just over a year during my year abroad) whereas this time I have no idea how long it will be. Maybe I just won't enjoy the course and then I'll back in a month or two. Or perhaps I'll end up living there for a few years.

I can't specifically remember what keeps drawing me to the Arctic, but I can remember telling myself that I must come back. And right now there isn't much telling me to stay/come back to the city.

Anyways, I just wish my bags were packed. What a contrast I'm sure next week will be ...

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 19:41

0 comments:

Search