Wednesday 5 November 2008

home?

Long story cut short but I am now back in the UK !!! This time round however I have decided to spend a week because the flights back are so long and expensive. I then took the train up to Edinburgh to see some friends ... and now here I am sat at one of my (old) university's computer lab ... where I used to spend many sleepless nights revising. It's also very weird visiting all my friends and going back to flat I used to live in... It all feels so normal - as if nothing had changed but in the meantime I have done so much ...

I don't know how to explain, but I always feel like I'm dreaming. I feel like going to Svalbard was just a dream and that it never happened, but the fact is I now live there and that, really, going back to the UK will just be a dream. Thank god my Svalbard experience is not over ... still have until June!

I compare my experience to Narnia ... here I am at "home" and then I step into a parallel, frozen world. In my Narnia I live all these adventures and then come back to reality and try explaining my surreal experiences to the others. I do feel a bit childish and never want this fantasy to end :(

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 10:24

0 comments:

Search