Saturday 6 June 2009

exausted

This morning I completed the Svalbard half marathon. I've always wanted to do it, but somehow hadn't realised how soon it arrived, and so basically did no training at all.

Long story cut short, I arrived 7th overall (out of the 60 men/women running the half marathon), but 4th in my age class (18-39 Men). What's more, the top 4 people in my age class are all UNIS students. My time was ok, 1 hour 42 mins and 6 seconds - but compared to much larger marathons it's not amazing. However what I have learnt from this is that I can run it, and that perhaps with a little more training I could do much better - at least so that I am not in as much pain as I am in right now :S ... also, I need to train loads more this the forthcoming OMM ...

Results :)
The exam on Tuesday is going to kill me. I still don't know much, and I struggling to understand the genetics. Arg. I took some photos from the room I study in - this is why I get distracted.

View 1

View 2

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 23:46

1 comments:

Ames(ILoveCupcakes) said...

Good luck Yanny!!!!!

Search