Sunday 22 February 2009

here comes the sun :) na na na na

YAY !!!!!


After last week's horrific and shocking weather, today was the first day of perfect weather. Last night was the Icebreaker party (I'll hopefully post more about this later) and so I got home very late last night. However my curtain was open and so I was woken up by the most amazing pink sky and so had to jump out of bed. I woke Borgar up and we skied up Trollsteinen, in time to catch the few hours of sunshine !!!

That's right, since Monday last week the sun comes over the horizon (though we cannot see it from town yet cos' of all the mountains). The weather was perfect: cold, crisp and pure air. Not a single cloud in the sky. The colours were amazing. Funny cos' I've been on this walk a few times now, and every time the sky looks different - but this had to be the best so far since we are now getting a good few hours of daylight.

As we approached the ridge leading to the summit, I was worried that we might have missed the sun and that it might be hiding behind a mountain.... but as we reached the top it was revealed to us ! It did startle me for a second, so bright yet so beautiful. Arg I'm so happy. I can now synthesise Vitamin D.

Reaching the summit of Trollsteinen

Things just don't get any better :)

 

posted by Yann Rashid on 18:19

0 comments:

Search